Friday, December 28, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

The holidays have a funny way of sneaking up on you. After a lot of preparation including decorating, cooking, shopping, and visiting family, Christmas is over before you know it. On December 26th, we are all left exhausted but smiling, and already thinking about a day 364 days away.

 

This year my family celebrated with our usual traditions. On Christmas Eve, we went to my grandmother's house, just as we have for every Christmas Eve that I've experienced. We exchange gifts, eat, and sing Christmas carols. I have many beautiful memories of past Christmas Eves at my Mema and Papa's house. Each year, my brother would direct a performance that my cousins and I would perform. No matter how long the show, or how off key the singing, my family sat through our performances and at the end, clapped like it was Broadway caliber. Those memories are priceless!


On Christmas Day, I woke up early to find snow falling! It was going to be a white Christmas! As I sat in my living room, near our tree, surrounded by my cherished family, snow falling... I couldn't help but think "This is Christmas." I am blessed beyond measure and special moments like that remind me of the meaning of love and of the holidays.
Thank you to my cherished family for a wonderful holiday!After many laughs, desserts, and glasses of champagne, it was time to wrap Christmas up for another year. If you take a moment out of each day to reflect, you'll find that the spirit of Christmas is always around I'd you just believe.
Merry Christmas to all!

Love, Alicia

 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Alicia!!! May I follow?

    Happy New Year from a fellow blogger :)

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete